Preface: I don’t promote products very often. In fact, I believe this is only the 2nd post recommending pulling out your wallet. (The first was when Squarespace offered 30% off their packages on black Friday.) Only products that I use and/or purchased myself and that offer a great value will be found on the Squarespace Plugins website. There are affiliate links in this post. However, Envato has probably the worst affiliate program EVER! LOL
Every six months or so, Envato releases a bundle of graphics, code snippets, templates, photos and more for a heavily discounted price. Usually $500 worth of designs for $20. If, like me, you are skeptical of these types of deals you may think:
- Huh, it’s probably outdated bottom of the barrel scraps that no-one else is buying
- Sure it’s worth $500 (in your most sarcastic tone); like the suckers who pay sticker on a car
- There’s got to be a catch.
But you would be wrong! (Que the Gong!) Only the best selling designs and graphics make it into the bundle. The prices are real. In the 2 years I’ve purchased items from Envata stores, I’ve never seen a “percent off” promo code; only rare bundles or promotions. In fact, many of the elements in this blog came from the 2011 Birthday Bundle. So why would they be willing to almost giving away all these awesome goodies? It should be obvious to anyone in marketing or sales:
1. Exposure Exposure Exposure! – People like me, link to their site. A great way to bring in new customers too, right?
2. The Designers hope that if you like one item, you will come back to purchase more. And if someone wants to tweak the giveaway product, they have the opportunity for custom work.
3. There is a small catch. Fortunately, it doesn’t affect Squarespace users as much as say, a WordPress blogger. Everything in the bundle DOES NOT include updates. So, if the designer adds features or even patches on bad coding, you are NOT eligible for that update. This is especially important in regards to WordPress templates (which have to be updated continually for security as well as WP core updates..blek!).
Of course, you will likely not need or even want everything in the bundle. So my recommendation is to investigate the items you will use and add up the costs. If it’s more than $20 (which usually only requires 2-3 items), it may be worth considering a purchase of the Web Designer Pro Bundle.
The Web Designer Pro Bundle is here! For only $20 get more than $500 of the best web design stock on the net!
We’ve thrown in site templates, WordPress themes, mock-ups, icons, apps, plugins, code, photos and way more to help power up your web design tool kit!
Don’t miss out — this is unbeatable value! Get your copy now!
Check out the inclusions below for more information, or Buy Now to secure your very own Web Designer Pro Bundle. This deal will only be available until 12pm (AEDT) on February the 27th.
Here are a few of the products I thought might be useful to Squarespace Users along with MY favorites. And yes, everyone of them and more are included in the Bundle!
And if you also have an interest in WordPress, Orman Clark (the designer responsible for the Squarespace Plugins theme!) has included his very popular WordPress Redux theme! A $40 value all by itself!
The Web Developer Pro Bundle ends Monday, February 27th at 12pm AEDT (Australian time!?).