Squarespace Commerce Business Plan
After months (and for some of us- years!) of waiting, Squarespace announced the newest, latest, and most requested feature today -Squarespace Commerce! Squarespace has partnered with Stripe to allow sales of digital as well as physical goods. You can use your existing template or any of the other templates utilizing the new product block.
So what’s the catch?!
Well, there are a couple stipulations- mostly reasonable. The biggest issue I see right now is that it’s currently only available for US customers And so you must have:
- US Street Address
- US Bank Account
- US Social Security Number
Squarespace officially says – “We hope to support other Countries Soon.” I truly hope so. Over the past couple of months, I’ve seen a significant uptick of signups coming from our Neighbors to the north as well as friends across The Pond and beyond.
In addition, you do need to sign up under the new Business Plan tier. It’s a flat fee of $24-$30 per month depending on yearly or monthly subscriptions respectively. And then Stripe charges a base fee of $0.30 + 2.9% for every transaction completed successfully.
I’ve been playing around with the product and inventory features and hope to have some screenshots up this weekend. Until then, check out the Squarespace Official Commerce FAQ or sign up for the workshop!
- Official Squarespace Commerce Help FAQ
- Official Squarespace Commerce Blog Announcement
- Squarespace Commerce Workshop
Main Commerce Features
- Works with every template. Squarespace Commerce works with every Squarespace template. Click the dollar sign icon in your Website Manager to create a new product collection. Your products are presented in a flexible, minimal grid designed to fit nicely into any website. Customize the style of your products grid right from the Style Editor, just like any other area of your website. Commerce is currently available to U.S. customers only.
- Sell digital and physical goods on a single platform. Squarespace lets you sell any type of product using a single interface. Your digital goods are delivered via customized email links that expire in 24 hours from delivery. You can control link sharing and re-send delivery links from the Commerce panel in your Website Manager. Continue reading →